SCUSD Enrollment Increases, Finances Hit New Peak
For the first time in the 21st Century, enrollment has increased! Enrollment increased in 2015-16. The District also forecasts additional increase in 2016-17.
This means more revenue to the District.
More good news. The recently released audited financial statement reinforces that the District is in the best financial position in its history:
- The District’s revenues were $70,842,836 higher than originally budgeted for 2015-16.
- The District ended the year with $97,932,615 in its reserve funds, an increase of $53,148,318 since last year. That’s an increase of 119% in one year.
- The District originally budgeted to run a deficit in 2015-16, but ended up running a surplus of $42,623,082.
The more troubling news:
- The District under-spent by $3.2 million on the salaries budgeted for teachers;
- The District under-spent by $7.8 million on books and supplies for students;
- The District increased administrators by another 4%, at an average cost of $150,000 in salary alone for administrators. That’s more than double the salary of the average teacher.
Now is the time to make Sac City THE Destination District for California!